October

These are two of my pieces that I have shown in class. Seeing these makes me think about how much I really need to work on making slides, particularly in the picture taking part.

The bottle one is like a time capsule, memorabilia, and message in a bottle from my past. I am really emotionally connected to this piece.

This umbrella/ parasol, was the results of me trying to think of origami as a building block to a bigger picture. I think it's kind of sloppy, especially in the slide, but hopefully I'll figure something out for this piece.

6 comments:

Tannon G said...

Ella, Ella ella EH EH EH Unda my ummmberellaa

Filip said...

i really like the bottles and the whole concept behind it. i think it would make a good concentraion. maybe you could have a whole bunch of bottles going through a life, from birth to death?

Jaqi Kay said...

I think your pieces are good and i like the concept of them. The presentation isnt as strong as it could be. Maybe think of different ways to photograph them that would highlight them in a more sucessful way.

alli said...

I really love your bottle project. There is a connection with real life to it and that what makes it a strong peice. I also really like your idea for the unbrella all though you cant use the umbrella in real life, but I do like how you sewed the origami on and then used magazines for the underside. Good Work :)

miriam huerta said...

im a fan (mrs. timko would probably like me to say why) but i dont have time to go further into detail :)

Marieka P said...

I like your umbrella. I think it's cute how you create unique shapes and designs on it. Can I use it next time it rains? :3