October Blog Post




This piece is of my younger brother, his name is Blake. I took this photograph of him in my back yard. It was done in pencil, and took about 4hours to complete. I feel that the original photograph was much stronger.

















This piece includes a heart and my name in chinese. I used warm colors for the heart and cool colors for the background to show contrast (and that it is a warm heart). If i could go back and change something on this piece, i would make the background color more vibrant. (oil pastel and pen)






This piece in a way is accidental art, bacause it was going to be a flower until i messed up.... then it was abstract :P (bic pen & water color)

4 comments:

MikeB said...

I like your flower one because it kind of still looks like a flower but still has an abstract feel to it. I think maybe doing something with the background and using bolder colors would have made it look a lot better. Your self portrait is really well done though.

alli said...

I really enjoy your art work. I would like to see more color because the last two are so vivid and interesting. I like the ideas of your artwork and how you create stories from them. My Favorite is the accidental piece

Yason said...

the bottom picture is the best i think because the a lot of bright colors :D

Amanda C said...

I really like the use of color in the last two.