What is tragic about you??

I realize that this is wayyy after the fact, but I have not written in our blog in quite some time. I am at a point in my concentration where I have finished my very favorite ideas. I have six pieces completely done and ready to turn in, but you know how there is ALWAYS something more that could be done? Well, I seem to keep focusing on that on the ones that are actually finished because I just like the piece so much. What I need to do is move on and stop being a chicken. Dang. I just started my seventh concentration piece today in class and so far I just think it looks cluttered, but I am just going to keep tweaking it and adding and taking away and see what happens. That's how great art comes about anyways right?? (Tell me if I'm wrong!) Anywho, I have six backgrounds done, so technically all twelve are at least started. This is good news. I have decided that I have used any tragedies that are worth painting that are directly from my life. Don't get too personal on me, but if you have any tragic stories you have experienced or heard, please tell me! I have a murder, an abortion, an arrest, a death by natural disaster, a kid hit by a truck, a car accident, a having to move sadness picture, and a serious surgery one... WHAT ELSE?? I might do one that is abstract and representative of a national tragedy. (9/11 or the war in Iraq??)

Shoot.

I need ideas! :]

(There's a few of my pieces... even already a few things have been changed on some since we started back to school...)










2 comments:

Georgia H said...

Amanda, your concentration is looking great. There very emotional pieces, which is good because thats what you want to portray. Good job and keep up the good work.

Georgia

Chris F... said...

Well a while ago, actually it was freshman year my dad almost died from an alcohol overdose (now he is recovered and has been sober ever since) but I saw a picture of him in a hospital bed with i.vs and monitors around him, this picture made my heart sink to the floor. I think you could use something like this, especially with your use of color