Spring Break

Erm, the posting layout's being weird.

I have thumbnails of most the remaining pieces I need to do and am starting a couple that I will work on at home. For most of my spring break I was in Costa Rica, and then the days immediately following I've been suffering from outer ear infections I suspect developed in the barely chlorinated pools at the last resort we stayed at. Anyway, although I did not have enough luggage space or time to work on my pieces there I did have the chance to take some lovely reference pictures. I'll be using one or more of the pictures I took for my final "happy" piece depicting a lift in attitude out of suicidal depression. At the moment I have two that are the finalists. I'm leaning towards the second one depicting a rainbow amid rain, but suggestions would be appreciated.



















I also got a couple good bug shots I thought Preston might possibly be interested in. The First one's of a butterfly...on me, and the next two are specimen trays of bugs found in a rainforest reserve we visited. By the way those moths in picture 2 are a comparable size to my hand, and the beetles on the left in picture 3 the width of about two fingers.






Here's some other pictures I thought might interesting to fellow art folk. I took these when we visited an old timey wood shop with power tools powered by a water wheel. Oh and the painting in all the following pictures were painted Freehand which I thought was awesome.

0 comments: