Charmeleon! I choose you!



For my spring break I have been continuing my zombie concentration. Some challenges were thinking of scenarios and actions for my zombies. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some pieces that i could do? Any comments, concepts, or ideas for scenarios would be very helpfull. Something else that is still challenging is getting a complete range of value that works well.
I am currently working on a picture of a women about to annihilate the back of a zombies head. The story is he was her husband but now is of the undead affiliation. I guess some success is i can already tell my technique and detail is getting better, I just finished a piece of my friend about to eat another, which is to the right this paragraph.

9 comments:

Sophia Haro said...

lol i guess i could of just left you a comment instead of posting a blog about it...well it prob doesn't matter either way

Brittany Tawzer said...

I second Sophia's idea. Making pieces of zombies doing everyday things would be very cool. It would also add a layer of humor to your concentration. I especially like the idea of zombies on a date sharing a milkshake. Lol.

Preston Groves said...

I really like the back ground on the piece you did over break. Landscapes have always been your strong point.

Unknown said...

I love the sepia tones of the backgrounds. It really make the colors pop :) It seems like you have been able to complete these fairly quickly, which is great! The one of a zombie tying a tye sounds interesting. Maybe you could do one driving...?

Alicia said...

Idea: A sequence piece(es) of someone turning into a zombie, perhaps coupled with that piece with the wife in the background witnessing the progression of her husband turning into a zombie. Idea 2: Baby Zombie!

Alicia said...

One more thing: Definitely yes on trying paint for the colored parts, plus that means you can mix your own colors.

Amanda J said...

I second what Preston said! I was really bummed that you were not going to use landscapes for your concentration, but this puts me at ease :] You have found a way to incorporate your skill with landscapes while showing an interest and your personality. Also, this incorporates a new style because I'm sure the college bored has seen several more landscapes than they have landscapes with menacing zombies! :D
Great job!
I hope you keep up with your ideas cause your going to have to bust 'em out!

Georgia H said...

I agree with Preston and Amanda about your concentration. I like how you have incorporated your landscape skills, by adding in the zombies. Keep up the good work.

Georgia

Chris F... said...

hello me!