Breadth Overload

I need to get rid of one piece to have 12 and I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

There's a pretty decent range of styles and techniques. Though I think it is lacking some more abstract pieces and could use less realism.

I think the slides are pretty good so they dont need reshot, and all these pieces are finished.

I think my strongest pieces include the hand painting, the converse watercolor piece, the painting of the girl wearing the mask, my flower scratchboard, and the oil pastel drawing of my necklace.

4 comments:

ZachB said...

You have very strong pieces all around. I think that the blue/light blue potrait and the picture of the couple kissing are your weakest.

LILIA L said...

I agree with Zach. Your breadth portfolio is very strong. And the couple kissing piece might be one of your weakest.

Amanda K said...

I disagree. I think the purple one of them kissing is fine.

I'd probably drop one of the more abstract ones and keep the ones of people and using different stuff to make them. I think there's a good range.

M. Timko said...

The ones I would consider for the chopping block are 2, 3, 4, and 10. Just think about which skills you are showing elsewhere already and cut the weaker of the two (i.e., maybe cut out scratchboard girl because you already have a scratchboard piece and a portrait in there).