Sophia's Chaos & Order Paintings

My Black and White piece represents Order to me because it is organized and, and has more of a form and outline:

In my black and white piece I started by first sketching out what I wanted to do on a separate sheet of paper then, on my canvas I painted a grey wash on the area I wanted my object to be. I used acrylic and water. Next still using acrylic I started adding detail line and shading.





My second piece represents chaos to me because it has no pattern and looks as though it was unintentional along with holding no specific shape or form:




On this piece I used red and white paint. First I put some white and red paint next to each other on a pallet. Then I swirled part of each color together but I did not blend them; I kept the paint colors separate but swirled. With a pallet knife I picked up the paint and spread it on the canvas.



In both pieces I used value, form, movement and balance. On the black and white piece I used unity because of the composition. For my other piece there is more negative space on the canvas then positive, and there is variety.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

That's creepy and intriguing how the second one ended up looking like a human figure. It's like, "omg, it's a foot!" I like the idea a lot of having them side by side as one piece.