I believe that chaos is when order is out of control. or you can think of order as chaos that is calm. To represent this I wanted Order to be organized, and repetitive while Chaos was random and wild.

I planned out the pieces by making sketches of how each was different and worked the sketches so that recognizable bits of order where in the chaos piece. The sketch was done as one piece so that the two would connect as one piece. I painted the order piece first so that i could get a pattern that I continue onto the chaos piece. I wanted the Order piece to glow so that the chaos piece would be bright so I pick blue and green adding yellow to brighten the green a bit and had the colors blend smoothly throughout the painting. On the chaos painting I added all sorts of different lines and forms and some movement to the work to give it more energy.

The order piece is very balance and repetitive. Analogous colors were used to keep the energy down. The these colors were also easy to blend for a satisfying look of glow. Not a lot going on.

The Chaos piece has lots of movement and contrast with the warm colors at the bottom flowing around to the cool at the top. There are jagged cuts of red through it's cool compliment green and there are some spurts where the lightning like lines hit and exit the spheres. A lot of things going on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your choice of colors for the Order piece. How did you get it to glow like that? My favorite of the two however is the chaos piece; the additional colors and the movement draws the eye around the piece. The order piece is interesting but to me only makes sense when next to the chaos piece. If you use these for your portfolio, will you place them side by side?

Christian L. said...

i really enjoy how they fit together. i seriously cant get over how that looks like a vortex of fire also. its really awesome chaos piece.

Georgia H said...

I really like the color choice you used, and the movement you created. Lastly, The shapes made your artwork interesting!