James Jean



James Jean is a celebrated artist who has won many awards for his work. He's won seven Eisner awards, three consecutive Harvey awards, two gold medals and a silver from the Society of Illustrators of LA, and a gold medal from the Society of Illustrators of NY for his work as a DC Comic cover artist. James was born in 1979 in Tiawan, but he was raised in Parsipanny-Troy Hills, New Jersey, after High School James Jean enrolled at the School of Visual Arts in New York where he graduated from in 2001 after which he quickly became an acclaimed cover artist for DC Comics. James uses such things as acrylics, charcoal, chalk and pencils for his artwork. James has an interesting art style, in his non-comic related artwork he retains the comic book art stlye while having serious and adult overtones/images. His work has is astounding, though it tends to be a bit darker and creepier it has tons of symbolism and details throughout each peice he creates, his art style tends to be clean, though he has used more of a sketch like approach to his artwork once in a while. James Jean artwork inspires me to further myself and my artwork to push my boundaries and limits, and to try and develop my artwork to a level (eventually) to a level equal or above his own. I think his artwork will influence my own throughout the year as I try to develop my own style even more than I have already.
James Jean's Website: http://www.jamesjean.com/

1 comments:

Pat Kutkey said...

Check out this digital image of Pieta created with Bryce 3D imaging software.

http://www.metasynth.com/BRYCEART/Brycers/pieta.jpg

Of course, the original is way cooler.