Christian's Artist: Blaine Fontana


Blaine Fontana uses mostly Acrylic on canvas with some oil paintings, and uses styles as some would put it, ‘cartoonesque, surreal, and abstract.’ His paintings are of many things that surround him and of that he studies, which most of his work consist of spiritual beings and life. Fontana was born in Seattle, Washington and raised in Bainbridge. In high school he first studied sculpture, graphic design, and life drawings. After graduating he spent 4 years of his life between Portland and Seattle doing graffiti. Finally he attended Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles, California in 1998, and graduated in 2002. Since then he has worked for many companies such as Drifter, Metro Pop, and Abound LLC. In 2003, he became self-employed as a fine-artist and designer. Currently he has a studio in his hometown, Bainbridge Island expanding it and working on sculptures, canvas pieces, and furniture.

I personally am enthralled with his work. I love other artist’s work where I can just look at and be like "How did they come up with that…how come I haven’t come up with something like that?" which pretty much drives and inspires me. And acrylics is what interests me the most, considering I don’t believe Im very good with it, but I would like to be better at it. My style is cartooneque with an extremely small mix of realism. And its all in pencil sadly to say, which of course I’m proud of my ideas and work, I would just like to broaden my horizons and Blaine Fontana and other artists have inspired me to try new things and acrylic painting is something I’d like to work on and actually get good at. This semester id like to get a good handle on Acrylic painting with fresh ideas I want to lay down.


http://www.blainefontana.com/

posted for Christian L.

2 comments:

Blaine Fontana said...

christian, always love to hear i've inspired a young artist.

blaine fontana

Unknown said...

Blaine Fontana commented! That is so cool!!