Nuclear Proliferation.

My concentration is views of life from a posturpedic perspective. The loneliness of mornings in contrast to the euphoria when one gets to share their bed (innocently, JAQI!) It's a work-in-progress and I need to get a large spoon to dig out the emotional subconscious, but I love it entirely.


Part of my concentration. Intended to depict loneliness, a lack of self esteem, and being lost within ones own skin. The lack of face is intentional; a faceless emotion.


Another aspect of the concentration; represents a more confident person who is more comfortable to be alone. A progressive self-worth, though still faceless.



This is part of the concentration in the contrast spectrum; heart boxers for Valentine's Day and the codependency, though still faceless. Who is to say that their connection is pure?

If you notice, they go, sequentially, from alone and scared, to alone and confident, to a relationship. This is because the foundation of my concentration is that one must love his or herself before they can love another wholly.


So how's the maternal life, Timko?

5 comments:

Tanya Renfro said...

I love the idea of your concentraction, and I really see what you are saying. I like how you don't see their faces, but get the emotion through body language.

alli said...

i love how real these look. Like its something that could really happen. i like it :) good job :)

Amanda C said...

You do a really good job with fabrics, folds and shadows.

M. Timko said...

It's great, thanks for asking! Looks like you are accomplishing a lot while I've been gone. Outstanding range of values in this work.

Marieka P said...

i really like the folds on the fabrics, and the values helped make it pop. i also like the legs on the first one. :)