The Good Stuff

This is my 'Order' piece. I used acrylic paint on canvas board. I really like blue and purple, so I used them to make the small spheres, then used their complimentary colors to make the rays. This was my first attempt, I re-did this recently with more contrast. Breadth.
This is a simplified painting of a group of buildings in Boston. I picked out the basic shapes and painted them. I painted the basic values and then dry brushed the most accurate values over the top. I did the same thing for the background. Concentration.

This is a watercolor painting of a group of buildings in Seattle. I really like my background, I used really thick black watercolor paint. I used acrylic paint on the windows and added colored pencil on the dark windows. Concentration.


3 comments:

wyatt frahm said...

looks great you should do more abstract

Amanda K said...

Yeah, I'd love to see some more abstract pieces. :)

And I like your buildings and I don't know the word that I'm searching for that describes them but they're that and it's a good thing. And the backgrounds look nice with the buildings. Like, they're different but they go together nicely. Ramble ramble ramble.

Minwoo Kim said...

I like your builing ones. I look better than before. Good use of paint. Keep working on it.