The Forest Home

This is a picture I made a couple of years ago using black sharpie and colored pencils. I really enjoyed making this picture, especially since it was made on a piece of paper that I thought that I wouldn't be able to use (it had a Cheetos stain on it that is now covered up by one of the stones of the well). I drew this picture for fun, not for a class or anything. I think I was inspired to draw it by a Washington DC trip I had taken earlier that year during which I had visited an Amish community. I loved the homes that the people lived in: for every generation that lived in the house, the owners added a new wing or level on to it, giving the house a charming ramshackle quality. I was hoping to show that in this picture, although it didn't quite turn out the way I expected... but I think that made me like it all the more!

0 comments: