Senior year over..and the boring life ahead


Since senior year has ended I have been quite bored. Nothing especially new has happened during the last month.

I have signed up for a diary project http://www.fantazya.ca/diary2010.html. The Diary Project is a compilation of 365+ artists for everyday of the year to complete a diary/note book. Every page consists of different artwork from anyone around the world, the best part is its FREE PUBLICATION! no matter what you dont pay a cent unless you wish to buy a copy, and they give you a discount for 1 or more. What is also amazing is that they allow you to buy them in CD form, this way you can print off your own size of a diary at your local print shop. Check out the site for updates. Currently I have signed up for Monday April 12th, 2010 which is my birthday. The diary is in three languages this year and allows you to promote your own website. They only require you to have an art site, amazing eh?!

Other than that I have been working more on my character design dreams. Im not heading off to college because A; I don't have a cent to my name and B; I dont have work experience I need to even get a great job after college. BTW I got a 2 on my porfolio. We were right, they do draw from a hat.

Good luck Newcomers! Keep in touch chanellechamplain@gmail.com ,  chanellelynn.deviantart.com

3 comments:

M. Timko said...

I think your 2 might have had something to do with the quality of your slides. Some of them were out of focus :/ This is a lesson for my future students to bring in work on the days when we shoot slides!

The diary project sounds great! Keep us posted!

ChanellelynnC said...

Slide focus or not, things happen. We cant all rely on cameras but technology seems to progress faster than wobbly hands. I remember coming in on slide days and still coming out with horrible slides. Never did trust cameras to produce a good grade.

M. Timko said...

I truly believe that a couple more finished pieces, along with slides shot with a real camera (not a camera phone), might have gotten you that 3 instead of a 2.

As an aside, this blog is a place for sharing encouragement, constructive critique, and things that would be interesting or helpful to my new AP students. It is not a place for blame or negativity. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." Best wishes Chanelle!